Auto Glass Pros of Huntington Beach
OR CLICK TO CALL
Small chips up to the size of a quarter can be fixed on the spot by our skilled technicians. It would be cheaper to fix the glass than to buy a whole new one.
How to Fix a Cracked Windshield
- It won’t take more than half an hour to fix the problem.
- When your windshield is fixed, the seal that came with it from the factory will stay in place.
- Having your windshield fixed is the most environmentally-friendly thing you can do. Replace your windshield to safeguard the environment and reduce the amount of glass that ends up in landfills. Not many people know that recycling windshields is neither straightforward nor cheap. We tell them that getting their windshield fixed is a good choice for the environment.
- When a windshield is fixed, there is only a small flaw left.
How to repair and how long it will take
- The damage will get worse the longer you wait to fix it, so it’s important to do it right away.
- The quality of the repair could be damaged by dust and dampness.
- The damage could get worse if the sun shines on it.
- If the sun has already caused a crack in your windshield and you switch on the air conditioner, the shift in temperature could make the crack impossible to fix.
Auto Glass Pros of Huntington Beach provide the best services in Orange County for replacing and fixing windshields. We have an excellent reputation since we are always on time, have friendly personnel, and do good work. We take care of each car as if it were our own, and we promise that every customer will be happy with our work. When we replace the windshield on any car, we follow the manufacturer’s instructions to keep you safe and make sure our work is good.
Call us to get the help you need today!
OR CLICK TO CALL
Receive a FREE Estimate
Why repair a windshield chip?
If the windshield chip repair is done quickly, it might be feasible to stop more cracks from occurring. The glass will also have the original manufacturer’s sticker on it. Windshield replacement is a pricy job that can be avoided if a small chip is fixed quickly.
Don’t ignore a chipped windshield since it might break at any time, usually when you don’t want it to. A windshield chip needs to be fixed right away to stop it from getting bigger. A chip in a windshield can be fixed in about 30 minutes, and it doesn’t make the glass any less strong.
- A reliable and knowledgeable professional will look at the stability of the damage to your windshield chip to decide if it can be fixed or not.
- He will give you drapes to protect the paint on your car from rain and snow.
- The second step is to use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of any dust or water on the chip.
- Put a resin on the chip that has the right properties.
- The epoxy hardens and the cracks are fixed using UV light.
- To create a smooth, even surface, you have to scrape away any extra resin.
Remember that many motor insurance policies cover the full cost of fixing a windshield, with no deductible.
Most reputable auto glass shops will try to fix a cracked windshield before suggesting that it be replaced. You will save time and money if you go this way.
The best services that fix windshields will fix small chips for free. If the manufacturer pays to fix a chip in your windshield, your no-claims discount from your insurance provider will not change.
You can also do the repairs yourself with a selection of “Do-it-yourself” repair kits.
When a piece of glass broke or chipped, it had to be replaced. But with today’s technology, if your windshield is cracked or chipped, you can have it fixed and it won’t take long or cost much.
Using special tools, some organizations that fix car windows can fix breaks that are up to 12 inches long. Before buying a new windshield, it’s a good idea to talk to a reputable professional.
But even the most cutting-edge procedures for fixing broken glass can only do so much. At the time this was written, this information was correct.
OR CLICK TO CALL
Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 2 pm